Thursday, December 16, 2010

Leadership...

Taking a break for a while...I just want to say how great our organization president is (or at least Josh's - mine's laid up with a knee surgery right now).

Not only does he buy us all pizza on HIS birthday (maybe he just wants us all to celebrate more!), but today he closed the office an hour early so we could drive home through the snow while it was still light outside.  When I walked out, he was out scraping the snow off someone's car. I thought it was his.

But then he moved onto the next car...and then he walked over to help a single gal struggling with her car.  15 minutes later, by the time I had gathered up my husband, he was still out there, without gloves and bareheaded, scraping off one car at a time.

Everyone else who came through caught the spirit. Pretty soon it was a regular party, out in the snow, scraping cars.  Now that's leadership.

I am grateful to work for an organization which, the longer I work there, the more I realize how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment