Thursday, September 13, 2012

"tired of all this drama"

During my angsty teenage years, I heard some advice.  Never make any big decisions or have a big conversation when you are:

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

I added to it "never post on the internet" - although these days I might as well delete facebook and my blog if I'm not going to post when I'm tired. 

BUT!  You can be thankful to the person who gve me that advice.  You were spared the gruesome details of this week, which are pretty well described by the song "No More Drama"

On Sunday, we were moving this Saturday. 
On Monday, we weren't moving...possibly until October. 
On Tuesday, we were probably moving on Saturday the 21st.
As of yesterday (Wednesday) evening, we're moving again on Saturday!  :D :D :D  This momma with her empty pantry and defeathered nest all is pretty happy about that.

But.  I had stopped packing.  So now lesson learned: no matter how diligent you are on packing early...there will be a last minute scramble.  And we're showing the apartment tonight, so I'm trying to keep the pretty stuff out and the boxes to a minimum. 

Fortunately, I expect it to take about two hours tomorrow to wrap things up.  Two hours translated into "I have an almost-three-month-old" is really more like half a day, but that's doable.

Anyway.  Pray that the drama is over and this time the move date holds up.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! But we just mailed Kekoa's package yesterday to your current address! Oops!

    ReplyDelete