Friday, September 7, 2012

Oh this life we lead

This morning I woke up at 4:00am to the sound of my two favorite men chatting it up.  Josh was murmuring something about a car, and Kekoa was cooing and squealing in response.  His little legs were kicking frantically.

I was about to remind Josh that we don't talk to Baby when he wakes up in the middle of the night, lest he think it's playtime.  And then it dawned on me.

They were both still fast asleep.

At least Kekoa comes by it honestly.

~~~~

The second incident occurred this afternoon.  Kekoa woke up early from his nap, while I was scrubbing the oven.  I stuck him in his rocking chair, put the toy bar in, and returned to my messy task.

Only a minute later, he started fussing.  But I couldn't tell what was wrong. It wasn't his hungry cry, or his tired cry, or his "I need to fill my diaper" cry.  It wasn't even his "hey, somebody pick up the baby!" cry.

Then I noticed that he was staring intently at the turtle on the toy bar as he cried, and I knew exactly what was wrong.  I usually put his toy bar in so that the lion is to his right, and the turtle is to his left.  But this time I had put it in the other way.

I promptly righted the situation and he immediately stopped crying.  He struck up a cooing conversation with Mr. Lion, and I was able to finish cleaning the oven in peace.

Ah well, takes one to know one.  At least he comes by that honestly as well.

"Oh Mr. Lion, how very nice to see you in your proper place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment