Friday, September 14, 2012

Dear Grandma and Nana,

Mommy says she doesn't have time to blog because she's supposed to be packing.  I don't know what that means, but I do know it means less snuggle time than usual, so I don't like it very much.  So I thought I would write a letter to you.  After all, Mommy says if it wasn't for you two, I would probably run around naked most of the time instead of having cute outfits.

Speaking of cute outfits, Mommy calls this one "the hippobottomus."  I don't get it, but she and Daddy think it's funny.

"I want a hippobottomus for Christmas"

Some of my favorite things to do include talking, especially when adults talk back to me in my language.  Then I just don't want to stop cooing and squealing.   I also really like being carried.  Mommy says she's really glad that I was a little baby, and that I'm her best exercise program. 

I try to be a helpful little boy.  When someone says "I'm going to change your diaper now," I hold my legs up all by myself.  Mommy says it would be even more helpful if I would just do all my business at once instead of waiting for a clean diaper to finish the job, but I think that's asking a bit much, don't you think?

I also am old enough to like toys.  If you ever felt like getting me one, I like toys that make lots and lots of noise.  Mommy and Daddy would LOVE that too!  My favorite toy is Mr. Lion on my toy bar, but I get frustrated because I try to talk to him and he never talks back.  Then I cry and Mommy has to take the toy bar off and I'm happy again. 

One of Mommy's students sent me a piano, and I really like watching Mommy play it for me.  Soon I'll be able to play it all by myself!

I discovered my bear this week.

This week, I rolled over from my back to my tummy.  At first Mommy thought she was imagining it, because most babies roll over from tummy to back first.  Then the very next morning, Daddy saw me roll over from tummy to back.  I decided to celebrate my accomplishments by not sleeping.  Ever.  YAY!!!  More time with Mommy and Daddy!

Daddy started school again.  I don't know what that means, but I do know that I don't see him between Tuesday night and Friday night.  Friday nights are my favorite part of the week.  I just stare and stare and stare at Daddy, and I smile more for him on that night than I do the rest of the week.  I think Daddy likes it too, because he lets me fall asleep on his chest sometimes.  When Mommy asks if  he wants a break, he says, "Can I have five more minutes?"

I think Mommy likes that, because then she always gives both of us a kiss.  Then she forgets when the five minutes is up.

I also secretly like baths.  I always cry when I first go into the water.  But then I forget to pretend that I don't like them and just smile and smile.   Mommy says I take baths because then she'll kiss me more, but I don't really think that's true.  I think she probably already kisses me as much as possible.

I should go now because I bet Mommy would like my help packing.  But I will see you both in October!  I love you!

~Kekoa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kekoa,

    Thank you for the newsy letter. I think your hippobottomus pants are really cute. And I can send you a really annoying song for Christmas, but I don't think a hippobottomus will fit in the mail.

    Wow! Rolling over already! You are probably a lean and lithe one, and have lots of muscle control!

    And, I'll give your mom a break from giving you kisses in October. I'll give them all, so she can rest. ;)

    Love you, too, and can't wait to see you!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete