Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nearly a Year

Hello grandmothers, friends, family, fans!  It's time for another update from yours truly.  This has been a GREAT month for me!

11 Months
Mommy has been discovering this month what I've known all along: I am a born vegan.  I love being egg and dairy free.  Unfortunately, Mommy can't seem to come to terms with my chosen lifestyle and keeps trying to get me to eat this awful disgusting stuff called meat.

You would think she'd be okay with my veganism, because while I'm very picky about meats and breads, I enjoy the wide world of fruits and vegetables.  My absolute favorite is watermelon - I get so excited when I see those red cubes of juicy goodness! Other favorites are zucchini, cucumber, corn, tomato, apple, sunflower seeds, and apricot.   I also eat salad greens (especially cabbage), but you'd better have lots of time to spare when you feed it to me!  I have eight teeth now, but they're just not the same as molars.

Eating salad without molars is an art form.
As the genius that I am, I figured out a way to get a tasty snack whenever I want: during my meals, I drop little bits of food over the side of my highchair.  Then when I'm hungry during the day, I just help myself!  It's a foolproof plan, except for one catch: the chair itself.  Turns out I can get under the chair, but I can't get out.    Even more treacherous: the chair seems to magnetically draw my favorite toys under it, dooming us all to entrapment.
"Really?  Do you have to take pictures right now?"
Speaking of entrapment, I live for the times when I get to go outside.  The first thing I like to do in the mornings and last thing I do at night is sit on Mommy and Daddy's bed and look out the window while Mommy brushes her teeth.  On Wednesdays I can see a trash truck come and that's the highlight of my week!
Bedtime ritual
Unfortunately, Mommy insists that I must stay in for large portions of the day.  I take solace in my friend Pooh Bear.  He loves kisses, and unlike Daddy, he doesn't complain in the slightest when I accidentally bite or the kiss is too wet.

"Could you spare a small smackerel?"
I've been told many times this month that I'm very busy.  Well of course I am!  What, do you think the box is going to play with itself?


Sadly, Mommy does like me to cease my important activities during diaper changes, for some unfathomable reason.  So I read to myself.  I even say the words and stop when I'm turning the pages.


This next month will be a big one: before I turn one year old I get to visit Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa!  I can't wait to see everyone and go to the beach and be adored.  In the meantime, Daddy and I are sending lots of aloha your way!

That's supposed to be a wave.  Or a fist bump.
Yours truly,
Kekoa

No comments:

Post a Comment