Monday, January 21, 2013

Seven Months and All is Well

Hello all!  I know you can't believe it, but it's that time again: I'm another month older and that much closer to conquering the world.

The month started out fabulously - my first snowfall and my first Christmas!  It snowed on Christmas Eve.  Daddy was home from work, so we took a long walk.  I love walks - this is me getting ready (Mommy took this picture so that Grandma and Nana know she's dressing me appropriately):

 


 Then I got to ride on Daddy's back.  I was so warm and cozy and comfortable that I fell asleep, after catching snowflakes and trying to eat them.

Could you ask for a better first Christmas landscape?











Speaking of Daddy, I like to copy him because someday I'm going to be like him.  He helps me by letting me wear his clothes.


Okay, so just his hat.  And sometimes his shoes.









In the world of physical development, last month I was all into trying to crawl like my cousin Will.  But it's TOO EMBARRASSING.  Things like this keep happening:

"Mom, why are you taking pictures when you should be helping me get unstuck?"



 Quite understandably, I much prefer walking.  Getting stuck under couches is quite beneath my dignity.  Of course, I need help because I'm not very good at keeping my balance, but what are parents for, right?  I mean, what's the point of being a stay-at-home mom if you're not going to help or hold me all day long?





 I'm trying to cut my top teeth, so I'll pretty much chew on anything I can get my hands on.  Which is great, because I can get my hands on lots of things! But the most convenient is my thumb.  I don't really suck on it, but I love chewing on it.









In other news, Mommy told me that I have another first coming up: first plane ride!  I didn't know what a plane was at first, but then she explained and I was like, 'What? No way!"


Then she told me we were going on a plane because we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house and I was like, "Yes!  No way is Grandma gonna make me eat green beans while I'm there!"

This is a face that knows ice cream is in his future (thanks, Grandpa).
And then I remembered that there's still a whole week before we leave that I still have to eat green beans and I was like:  "Bummer."  I'm not really a big fan of green beans (but I love squash!).

"Could we just fast forward a week, please?"
I'm also doing my best to stay in touch with my grandparents not only here on Mommy's blog, but also by phone.  I'm just experiencing a few technical difficulties...


...I know it has to do with putting the phone to your mouth, but somehow I just can't get it to work!

Ah well.  I'll figure it out someday.  Until then, I'll see you here next month!

~Kekoa

No comments:

Post a Comment