Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Best Discoveries of 2012 (in no particular order)

[I decided not to do "people moments" because otherwise this post would pretty much be "Kekoa is adorable when he does x" and "my husband is a life saver."]

1.  Side-lying nursing, a.k.a. Slayer of Sleep Deprivation, a.k.a. I-don't-care-if-this-baby-falls-asleep-nursing-as-long-as-I-can-sleep-too.

2.  Cloth diapers are not nearly as gross as they seem.  Or maybe I'm completely desensitivized. (also, they're CUTE!  Don't believe me?  Check these puppies out.  Totally going on next year's wishlist.  :)


Even solid colors can be cute.  :)

3. East of Eden. Best book I read this year - it was beautiful.

4. Gliders (the rocking chair kind) = awesome.

5.  That Kekoa was a boy.  But looking back, I can't believe we ever thought he could be anything but. Of course he was a boy.




6.  Psych.  Hilarious. 

7.  Swagbucks, which paid for Christmas this year, and Ebates, which helped me spend $7 total on maternity clothes (also a big help: amazing SILs!  Also: belly bands.).

8.  Eric Carle.  Better than a pacifier at inducing quiet. 

We're Eric Carle groupies.

9.  Making your own yogurt can be easy, fun, and extremely gratifying.  And your (cheap!) yogurt is a fabulous substitute for sour cream in dips.  And y'all, I am a Sour Cream Addict, so this is a good thing.

10.  Mei tai baby carriers.  SO COMFORTABLE if you tie them right, Daddy-approved, and can be worn in so many ways.

Mei tai baby carriers: 100% baby approved.
 
What are your favorites from this last year?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Psych! Best show ever! Why have we never talked about this? Keep posting pictures of your precious baby :-)

    ReplyDelete