Saturday, January 19, 2013

Identity Crisis

My blog is having an identity crisis.

Sometimes it wants to be a mommy blog and talk about fun things like babywearing.  Other times it wants to be a philosophical blog.  And then sometimes it wants to be about the homeschooling movement and the effects - both good and bad - that it's had on the second generation.

With all this internal turmoil, it's ended up being a "Life of Kekoa" blog for the benefit of the grandparents.

So hello, audience.  What do you want it to be?  Blogs are fantastic creatures in that when they bend to peer pressure, everyone is quite pleased with them and no one accuses them of being spineless.  But it needs to make up its mind before I lose interest completely.  It's so hard to carry on a long-term relationship with someone who doesn't know who they are.

So...should I stick to "Our Life"?  Or are there other topics you want to hear from us on?

(And don't worry, CA peeps.  Whatever else it is, it will still contain Kekoa & friends as a major attraction.  I know that's why you read.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I think it should be an "everything" blog. People want to know what you think, how you are trying to break the mold, insight that you have, etc. You will be a huge benefit to different audiences. Who is your audience? New moms? New moms curious about homeschooling? New moms who were homeschooled themselves? What about young women who want to make their own choices and have the internal struggle of what they should value? Who do you want to talk to? If you could pick your own audience, who would it be? Is there a way to create pages within your blog to post to certain audiences? (And when you figure that out, let me know!)Then the appropriate audience can click on the tab that they want. Anyway, just some thoughts. And philosophical is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good thought.

    Most blogs seem to have an identity crisis. Mine is certainly no exception. I feel a little hypocritical offering any thoughts since I haven't given my own blog an identity yet, but for what it's worth....

    *I really like reading your philosophical posts but
    *I really like your mommy posts too

    Maybe you could combine them...a philosophical wife/mommy blog!

    You could have several categories of posts (I'll bet a lot of your tags could fit under each of these).

    -Marriage
    -Homemaking
    -Kitchen
    -Scripture
    -Life happenings
    -Kekoa!
    -other?

    Each one could be written with a philosophical wife/mommy style!

    Now maybe I should go give my poor blog some kind of purpose... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second (third?) the votes for "everything" blog. And pictures of wonderfully cute babies is always appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete