Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Friendship That Wasn't

Today on our walk, Kekoa and I saw a caterpillar which had been flipped upside down and was flopping about quite effectively on its back, with its little legs waving wildly in the air.

Or rather, I saw a caterpillar.  The whole point of taking the walk at that particular moment of time was to calm a very angry little boy down after a gregarious cup of water attempted to make friends with his head.  Apparently, Kekoa isn't quite as sociable as I thought.

Needless to say, the friendship was very trying for all parties involved, and caused Kekoa to be quite upset enough to forget that he needed a nap.

Anyway.  I don't think he noticed the caterpillar.

I thought about flipping the caterpillar over, but he seemed to be so happily mobile on his back that I almost thought he might have done it on purpose, the way little girls love to walk around on their hands.  I left him quite literally doing the worm.


No comments:

Post a Comment