Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4 Months Picture Post!

Dear Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Papa,

I know we just got to see most of you (we missed you, Papa!), but you know how I am.  Always changing and stuff like that.  So I'm going to tell you a little bit what it's like to be FOUR months old!


This is me and my Kekoa teddy at four months old.  We're the same height!  I'm pretty good at sitting up now with a little support.  I can sit by myself for a few seconds, but then I usually faceplant and I don't really like that.

 
Fall is here.  I don't know exactly what that means, but mommy says it everytime she bundles me up.  I really like being changed, so it's great to wear extra clothes!  I like to stretch out changing times so that I get as much attention as possible.  
 

 
Sitting up isn't the only skill I've been working on.  My feet are my new favorite toy!  I love to suck on my toes.  
 
Also: for some reason, Mommy is obsessed with matching my diapers to my outfits.  I'm not sure why, because they're just going to have to be changed anyway.  Girls.  Anyway, that's why there's a picture of me in my underpants.  I'm so embarrassed.
 

 
I also liked playing with my fingers for the first half of the month, but I'm over it now.  That was soooo two weeks ago.

 
We had a hurricane here last week.  You guys were all worried about us, but I don't know why.  I love hurricanes!  They brought three of my favorite things:  Daddy stayed home from work for TWO WHOLE DAYS, we had a pajama day, and Daddy read to me before my naps.
 
We're reading A Very Hungry Caterpillar by a guy named Eric Carle.  I'm a fan of his.  It all started when Mommy read A Grouchy Ladybug to me.  I liked the pictures so much that she pulled out the other Eric Carle books we had: A House for Hermit Crab and The Tiny Seed (Mommy's friend Molly gave it to me!).  I love the big, bright pictures, and sometimes I like to hold the book (I'm still trying to figure out how the pages work).  Now we always read books before naptime so that I'm calm enough to sleep.
 
 
Again with the matching diaper.  Mom!
Anyway, those are the changes of the last month, and there are LOTS more on the horizon.  Because of my reflux, the doctor said it'd be a good idea to start me on solids soon, and I couldn't agree more.  I'm so jealous of my cousins who get to eat real food, and I'm always trying to grab at Mommy and Daddy's food.  Once I managed to get a handful of ketchup and I licked it ALL off my fingers.  Yum!  Next time I'm going for the whipped cream!

I'm still a little guy - 13 pounds - but Mommy says that's not a surprise at all considering my genes.  And she says that I should be grateful because she can carry me longer.  I do love being carried, so I guess that's a good thing.  I'm sleeping much better now, so we're all a lot happier.

Love you all!

Kekoa

2 comments:

  1. Kekoa, see if you can grab some lemon slices. My oldest daughter loved those when she was just starting solids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kekoa,

    Thank you for the update! I'm wondering what other authors you might like. Tell your mommy to put your Christmas list on Amazon.com. That would be really helpful!

    Whipped cream is good. Especially around the holiday time. Applesauce is good too!

    Thanks for the picture update. I miss you and love you!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete