Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

First things first: happy mother's day to my amazing Mom!  Thanks for the huge support you've been over the last year, all the advice, and the adorable outfits for both Kekoa and me that have kept us clothed over the last few months (and will continue to keep him clothed for the months to come).

And a quick update on your grandbaby:  an ultrasound on Thursday showed that Kekoa is head-down (way to go, son!) and growing normally.  He's an estimated 5ish pounds, which is right on target.  He won't be a huge baby, but that's hardly a surprise.

34 Weeks
It's hard to believe that my baby is coming next month.  I know everyone says the second trimester is the best, but I've been enjoying the third trimester far more than the other two.  Definitely cramped on space in the abdominal region, and not a fan of getting out of bed in the mornings, but on the whole I'm far more comfortable now. Other than joint achiness and the frequent jabs to the stomach and lungs, so far I seem to have escaped most other late-pregnancy complaints as long as I stay hydrated and get my exercise. 

Plus, there's the added benefit of knowing that his birth is right around the corner.  It's time to think about packing the hospital bag and installing the carseat. I know the last few weeks are the longest, but for now there's a milestone every week to celebrate.  I love knowing that every single day brings him a day closer to a healthy birth.  In just three weeks, he'll be considered full-term.  Hard to believe - and yet so, so ready for that.  

So here's to my first Mother's Day with my baby boy - and to meeting him before Josh's first Father's Day!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! You look beautiful! Meeting him before Josh's first Father's Day will be a tall order! But, you never know. Keep yourself healthy! Love you and can't wait to see you and meet our grandson!

    ReplyDelete