Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy as a clam

I was chatting with a friend tonight and I came to a realization (okay, I knew it all along...but sometimes things just...hit you): I really like my life.

So work feels like it's out-of-control and I've been given more responsibilities than I can handle. We live pretty frugally, which means skipping a lot of the pleasures our single friends are enjoying, like eating out and taking weekend trips.  We're staring down a couple years of tuition in the face.  But life is good.  Not good -- great.

Our church is embracing us and making us feel at home.  We don't indulge a whole lot, but we have everything we need.  We have good jobs for good employers, and even though my work right now is crazy, it's pretty clear that my bosses trust me and we have good working relationships.  Despite the rapidly changing office setting, I feel like we're moving in a good direction, are taking steps to correct some organizational issues, and are strengthening as a (much smaller) team.

But best of all, as a couple we are are growing with a purpose and with direction.  We have a shared, concrete goal for the next 5-10 years, and we have a way to work towards and prepare for it, which is good for our marriage.  We are reading our Bibles together and sharing what we've learned.

Our apartment is comfortable and actually more space than we need.  Our food is tasty and filling.

I am young among my friends in age, but as I was listening to one gal 6 years my elder talk about her relationship with her boyfriend, I realized that we are older in many ways.  And because we are "older", we enjoy stability and not as much drama.  I have a wonderful husband who keeps a close eye on my physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.  He cherishes me in a way few women (sadly) are cherished.

To be honest, I can't think of anything in my life I would change right now, at least not in circumstances.

It's a wonderful life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment