Thursday, March 21, 2013

The World Through Kekoa's Eyes

Happy spring, friends, family, followers!  I'm nine months old today and boy, has it been a crazy month.  Do you want the good news or the bad news first?  Okay, let's start with the bad news.

The bad news:  the world is out to get me.  I mean, seriously!  This has been a head-bonking, teeth-cutting, tables-falling-on-top-of-me kinda month.  I crawled outside for the first time and within five minutes the ground leapt up to scrape my poor little nose.


The worst part was at church everyone was saying that I needed a nose wipe.  It's just a scab, people!  So embarrassing.

But the good news:  I can go wherever I want!  (hmmm, do you think that could be related to the head-bonking?  Naaaah).  Everyone seems to think that pulling yourself up is some great achievement, but we babies know that it's more of a prison sentence.  The real challenge is getting back down.  After that, no limits!  I try to be helpful with my newly found powers - with me around, the dishwasher gets unloaded faster than you can say, "What are you doing in here??"


I love to play peek-a-boo with Mommy.  Our chairs are the perfect height - when I'm standing up, Mommy can't see me.  Then she gets really worried that I got lost or something.  So I stoop down and peek through! She's always so relieved.


Another one of my favorite games is playing patty-a-cake.  I don't like clapping myself because it doesn't make enough noise.  But I like to help other people clap over and over and over again. [ed. note: and over and over and over and over and...you get the idea]



This month has also been one of celebrating nature's finest joys.  The moment my diaper is off, I'm off for the hills.  FREEDOM!  Mommy always calls after me something that sounds like this: "Hey, don't you pee on the floor again!"  Poor Mommy, she wants so desperately to communicate her approval but parents speak the strangest language.  All gibberish and babbling.

[Ed. note: this picture has been censored.  Enjoy this picture titled "Baseball Season Begins" instead.]


Finally, I'm all the way up to 16 pounds now!  Yay me!  That's still smaller than most babies, but you know what?  There are major advantages to being a little guy.  Everyone says things like, "Wow, he's cruising already?  That's really advanced for a six-month-old!"  And I'm all, "Yep, and I can use sign language and say "Mama" too!  I'm a genius!"

Humility, on the other hand?  Yeah, not so advanced in that.


Well, I've got to sign off now.  My cousins turn one tomorrow and Mommy's going to wrap their presents.  I gotta get in on some of that action...crinkly paper for the win!

Yours truly,
Kekoa



3 comments:

  1. Who needs humility when you've got ultimate cuteness??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have so many questions for you, Kekoa! One of them is why mommy had to censor the one picture. You look perfectly normal to me! Another one is why do you look so sad sitting next to your Kekoa bear? You could probably take him by now. Or was mommy not letting you play with the crinkly paper? Love you and can't wait to see you. Two more updates before then, though! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he wanted to post the picture of him off for the hills once his diaper was off. I put the kibosh on that.
    And he's not sad...that's just the face he makes when you say the word "humility"! ;)

    ReplyDelete