Wednesday, June 1, 2011

End of the Month

Since my husband is trying to revive his facebook, I figure I should try to post a little more on my blog.

Plus, I finished my full month of running.  How was it? Great.  I feel better, I worked some steam out on the more stressful days (which helps a little in the marriage department!), and it made me more conscious of what it means to be "healthy".

To be honest, I didn't quite make my goal of exercising every day - but then every other day is a big improvement as well.  I did have to stop for a while because I caught a cold, but otherwise, I made great leaps and bounds and was able to meet my goal!

Someone once told me that physical fitness isn't about how far you can go or pushing yourself to the max.  It's about staying healthy and keeping in good shape so that if you ever NEED to kick it up a notch, you can. So I intend to keep up the progress I have made by continuing my routine 3 days a week - not necessarily with the goal of getting faster or running longer, but just with the goal of staying fit and healthy.

In other news, so begins a new month!  We have a keyboard and a flute sitting in our apartment that rarely get used.  So this month is about brushing up on my music!  I'm try to alternate the two...with the keyboard, the challenge is reading those left-hand notes.  Playing the flute for so many years has my eye automatically trained to read the treble clef, and now I'm terribly at translating to the bass clef.  On the flute, my challenge will be finger fumblings, and smooth breath control.  Time to work that diaphragm!

And so begins a new month. Newly off from a fabulous Alaskan vacation, DONE with financial audits, and now getting back on top of things at work.  I feel like things have definitely taken a turn for the less-hectic!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your running month! Staying fit does WONDERS for a marriage.

    ReplyDelete